Summer Tortilla PizzaSummer Tortilla Pizzas—make these when KY tomatoes are in season
- Makes 3 pizzas, with 8 small servings per pizza
- 3 whole wheat tortillas
- 2-3 sliced fresh tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ˝ cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh basil leaves
2. Sprinkle olive oil on a cookie sheet and press the tortillas in the oil on the tray to coat them well on one side. Then turn them over and press again so they’re oiled on the other side.
3. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese on top of an oiled tortilla. Add 1 thinly sliced 8-ounce tomato, a good sprinkling of salt and freshly ground black pepper, and a good cup of grated mozzarella (about 4 ounces). Repeat for other 2 tortillas.
4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until bubbly and crisp. Let the pizzas rest out of the oven for a couple of minutes, and then sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded basil (from about 12 leaves). Cut into 8 wedges.